Indip Homestay is run by Mr.Buce and his family. Its just next to Manta Homestay. A shady private setting next to the cultural tourism village of Arborek, Indip offers great snorkeling and easy access to popular Manta ray sites.
Indip Homestay lies on the north shore of Pulau Arborek, at the island’s extreme western end, next to Manta Homestay. Indip has one tidy two room bungalow in the shade of trees by the beach.
Each room sleeps two on mattresses equipped with covers, pillows, bolsters and mosquito nets. There are no shelves in the rooms, but outside each room under a verandah roof is a table setting comprising plastic chairs and a small table which could be moved into the rooms if desired.
Meals are taken in a beachside dining shelter with a large table and bench seating and nearby is a beachside table with tree trunk stool set in the shade by the high water mark.
A toilet and bathroom shelter is shared by guests and has a hybrid squat/pedestal style toilet (see the gallery photo) and dip mandi bathroom in separate concrete-floored rooms.
Electricity is provided by generator between the hours of six and twelve at night.
There is a weak and erratic phone signal at Indip Homestay, but it can be dramatically improved by walking a short distance toward the Arborek village jetty.
Basic supplies and cold drinks can be purchased in the nearby village of Arborek.
Indip Homestay host Buce speaks a little English, so a phrasebook would be a good idea if you have no Bahasa Indonesia. Shared Bathroom – Western style toilet, Bath/Shower – Dip Mandi Facilities, Dining Room Facilities, Network is alright , but its better at the Jetty which is a 5 minute walk, The Voleyball court and football ground is 3-5 minutes walk away.
It has following features :-
- 1 Bunglow has 2 rooms
- 2 rooms – Double Bed (2 persons/room)
- Shared Bathroom – Western style toilet
- Shared Bath/Shower – Dip Mandi Facilities
- Dining Room Facilities
- Netwrok is alright , but its better at the Jetty which is a 5 minute walk
- The Voleyball court and football ground is 3-5 minutes walk away.
- Gernerator is available for electricty .
- Located just of the white sandy beach
- Sunset point is 2 minutes walk.
- The village is just couple of minutes walk away with 3 groceries stores available to buy basic necessities.(tokos)
- The jetty has a wonderful underwater world, and snorkeling and diving options are available with Arborek Dive Shop.
- Due to unavailability of other options, The owner prefers payment in cash or via bank transfer.
- Note – Credit Card Payment facility is available, which shall attract 3 % surcharge to cover Bank fees, please confirm prior to your arrival. As there are no Atm facilities.
TRANSPORT TO GETTING ARBOREK ISLAND:
Transfers from Waisai (Waigeo Island) to Arborek Island are available for each way in a fast boat that can carry up to 10 people with the cost bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 1,200,000,-.
2 x Person : IDR. 700,000,-.
3 x Person : IDR. 550,000,-.
On the southern shore of Pulau Arborek, Lalosi Homestay looks across the strait toward Mansuar Island, Gam Island, and Batanta Island.
The homestay is in the village of Arborek, which has a jetty famous for its diving and snorkelling sights. Cultural performances are often staged in the village for guests of visiting liveaboard and cruise boats.
Arborek Island is the closest you can stay to the famed attractions of Manta Point and Manta Sandy and the island is also handy to Piaynemo Island, Mansuar Island, Gam Island, Fam Islands for those wanting to explore further afield.
The beach at Indip Homestay gives way to weedy shallows and then coral as you move away from the shore – good snorkelling can be had at the door, but the village jetty is where the real action is.
– Lalosi has Snorkeling Gear (Masks, Snorkel, Fin) available for rent for IDR. 75,000,- / Person.
– Manta Point snorkeling trips are available for IDR. 450,000,- / Person.
– Manta Point day trips for snorkeling to hunting Manta Ray at Melisa Garden can be arranged at cost of IDR. 450,000,- / Person.
– Sawingrai Village (Gam Island) day trips for sightseeing, snorkeling, feeding fish, and watching Red Bird of Paradise can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 950,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 450,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 350,000,-
– Piaynemo Island day trips for sightseeing and snorkeling at Melisa Garden can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 1,900,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 950,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 750,000,-.
– Mansuar Island Package trips for sightseeing and snorkeling at Sauwandarek Village, Yenbuba Village, and Cape Kri Sandbank can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 2,000,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 1.250,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 650,000,-.
STANDARD ROOM :
4 x Rooms in 2 Bungalows (2 Persons / Room).
2 x Private Bungalow (2 Persons / Room).
ROOM RATE :
Single : IDR. 600,000,- / Person / Night.
Diving is available on extra charge in conjunction with Arborek Dive Shop.