SMY. INDO SIREN LIVEABOARD
Liveaboard diving in Indonesia can be one of the most rewarding experiences. With over 17,000 islands Indonesia is the World’s second largest archipelago state and with over 80,000km of coastline, the country offers divers the opportunity to delight in a fantastic array of marine life. Indonesia is home to 15% of the World’s coral reefs and has over 4000 recorded different fish & invertebrate species – with many more yet to be identified.
Diving in Indonesia is so varied and there is plenty to appeal to even the most seasoned diver, from muck diving and the fast paced currents around Komodo to the soft corals and colourful fish dives in Raja Ampat or discover new sites in off shore islands of the Banda sea. You can see many shark & ray species along the way including white tip, grey reef and wobbegongs as well as tiny critters and a sheer diversity of fish. Dive Indonesia with Siren Fleet liveaboards and discover the beauty of this archipelago.
The 40 metre S/Y Indo Siren luxury liveaboard, launched in April 2011, she has the same specifications as her sister, the S/Y Philippine Siren. The cabins are either fixed double or twin bed, however we offer flexibility with 2 cabins which can be converted from twin to double to suit the needs of our guests. The outdoor dining area is very comfortable offering a great setting for all your meals. The dive deck is perhaps the most spacious and comfortable you would have experienced. Offering designated areas for charging and preparation of your camera and video equipment, the S/Y Indo Siren truly sets out to be the pros choice for underwater photography and videography.
Built on the Indonesian Island of Sulawesi, and like our other liveaboard yachts, the S/Y Indo Siren is a traditional “gaft rigged Phinisi” handcrafted from ironwood and teak. You will find no other dive liveaboard as beautiful in Indonesian waters, and being that she was built by divers for divers you can rest assured every need has been thought of and is being implemented.
Aboard the S/Y Indo Siren we shall welcome up to 16 divers on each trip. This ensures abundant space for all guests.
November – June, 10 nights from 3200 Euro
Raja Ampat is all about diversity, not only of marine species but also of dive sites. Recently declared a marine sanctuary to 46,000 square km park gives you wildly different dive experiences. From pelagic drift dives to magical muck dives and even some habitats that are special to Raja Ampat such as clear water mangroves with corals growing right next to them; There are thousands of potential dive sites in Raja Ampat. Exploration is still continuing and on every trip there are chances for new and amazing discoveries.
Raja Ampat Liveaboard Diving Itinerary
Departing from Sorong the S/Y Indo Siren cruises southwards towards Misool, stopping for “muck” dives on the dark sand slopes of Batanta where its critters galore! We then spent up to 3 days diving a variety of sites in the Misool area for their stunning corals, including Boo Windows and Gorgonian Passage where sea fans dominate the scenery. Heading back northwards we dive around Fam Penemu & Yangeffo islands. Here we find the site of Citrus Ridge, where carpets of brightly coloured soft corals can be found close to the surface which, illuminated by natural sunlight, make this dive site spectacularly beautiful.
There is time for snorkelling in the mangroves and a visit to tiny Airborek Island along with a dusk dive at the pier before heading on to Mansuar for some manta ray action at Manta Sandy. In the Dampier Strait there are the fish and lots of them, in more shapes and sizes than anywhere else in the world. Not only are there numerous species, but all the levels of the food chain are well represented – from pygmy seahorses to larger pelagics. The most famous sites include Cape Kri and Sardine where speedy drifts can be expected. The reefs in Raja Ampat just buzz with life! Manta rays, wobbegong sharks and epaulette sharks can all be found in the waters of the Four Kings.
Features of the S/Y Indo Siren liveaboard include:
– 8 large air-conditioned cabins each with their own personal audio-visual entertainment system and ensuite bathrooms with hot water through adjustable electric heaters. Overbed reading lights and individual controls for your air-conditioning unit are provided for your convenience, as well as several cupboards for clothing and personal items, an in-cupboard safety box and a hairdryer. Each guest is provided with 1 bath & 1 hand towel and a cotton bathrobe for use in the cabin
– Expansive shaded diving deck area, with individual stations and personal storage drawers. Guests are provided with a 12l aluminim tank, weights & belt. Basic Aqua Lung scuba equipment rental (BCD, Regulator, 3mm wetsuit, mask & fins) and SMB (safety sausage) are provided FREE of charge. Sizing requests can be submitted via the online application form when confirming your booking. For your convenience each guest is provided with a numbered deck towel and more towels are available upon request
– Spacious air-conditioned lounge with cocktail bar, sofas, 42 inch flatscreen & movie network and library of books & games
– Covered outdoor dining and refreshment area. All meals are served buffet style and guest may help themselves throughout the day to all soft drinks & snacks that are available
– Un-shaded Sun Deck with 8 cushioned loungers
– Enriched Air Nitrox is FREE for all certified Nitrox divers. If you are not a certified Nitrox diver all our instructors can certainly teach you the Enriched Air Diver Specialty during your liveaboard trip
– 2 high-powered Ridged-Hulled Inflatable Boats accompany the S/Y Indo Siren
– aundry Service – our housekeeper will launder your clothes and return to you the same day (0.50 euro per item)
– Massage Service – available for 3 hours daily* for 25 Euro/ hour
– Yacht Boutique, which includes a range of Siren Fleet clothing, reef hooks and nudi-pointers
– Kayaks, for guest use FREE of charge
* Excepting arrival and departure days
Specialised features for Underwater Photographers & Videographers include:
– Indoor & outdoor workstations for the preparation and maintenance of cameras and equipment
– Large storage drawers for your peripheral items
– Numerous charging points, adapters available (sockets are 2-pin European style)
– Large rinse tanks with fresh water solely for camera and video equipment.
S/Y Indo Siren – Liveaboard Yacht Safety:
life ring rope originalWorldwide Dive and Sail considers the safety of our guests and crew the preeminent issue aboard our yachts. The S/Y Indo Siren liveaboard has been designed and constructed based upon Lloyds Standards, the leading international body of maritime safety standards. She is equipped with the latest safety features including Automated Life Rafts, Life Jackets, Fire Extinguishers, Smoke Alarms, Emergency Long Distance Radio, Satellite Phones and EPIRB.
Each crew member of the S/Y Indo Siren has received extensive training in all aspects of safety, emergency management and evacuation procedures. Our crew keep their skills fresh and up to date with regular practice drills. The dive team are all emergency medical responders and on board you will find a fully stocked medical box for treating minor ailments and injuries, along with a full supply of medical grade oxygen and DAN Oxygen provider kits.
Life Jacket DrillUpon boarding, guests will be requested to try out life jackets and briefed on emergency procedures by our cruise director. We also offer the optional use of the Nautilus Lifeline, which can be used by divers to contact the yacht in the unlikely event they surface separated from their group.
All guests should ensure they have adequate dive and travel insurance from a reputable supplier such as DAN, PADI or Indepth. Aboard the S/Y Indo Siren you can be confident in our ability to provide care and safety of the highest standards.
Liveaboard Diving Schedules & Rates
The majority of our liveaboard trips are of 10-night duration, however we endeavour to be as flexible as possible. You will also find a selection of 6-night or 7-night dive safaris in some of our destinations along with a handful of extended length dive trips; which allow our guests to explore a destination to the fullest or combine several itineraries together.
On each Siren Fleet yacht we provide:-
– FREE Essential dive equipment rental of Aqua Lung Wave BCD, Calypso regulator, 3mm shorty wetsuit, mask & fins.* 12l aluminium tank, weights, belt and SMB (safety sausage)
– FREE NITROX fills for all certified Nitrox divers!
– All meals, refreshments & snacks such as coffee, tea, herbal tea, fresh water, carbonated soft drinks, fruit juice, fresh fruit & cookies. FREE BEER
– Cabin and Deck Towels
Optional Extras include:
– Laundry Service
– Massage Service
– Dive Courses
For schedule and rate, please email us at : email@example.com
Raja Ampat Lodges Form