Manta Homestay is run by Pak Nomensen and his family, who are available to cater to your needs. A great value homestay whose name says it all. Dive or snorkel with Mantas, visit fabulous Piaynemo and enjoy Arborek village island life.
It has following features :-
- 1 bunglow has 4 rooms
- 2 rooms – Double Bed (2 persons/room)
- 2 rooms – Single bed (2 persons/room)
- Shared Bathroom – Western style toilet
- Shared Bath/Shower – Dip Mandi Facilities
- Open Dining Room Facilities
- Hammocks and beach furniture
- Netwrok is good , but its better at the Jetty which is a 5 minute walk
- The Voleyball court and football ground is 3-5 minutes walk away.
- Gernerator is available for electricty .
- Located just of the beach , giving you a view of the island of Sawingrai, and an easy access to the village.
- The village is just couple of minutes walk away with 3 groceries stores available to buy basic necessities.(tokos)
- The jetty has a wonderful underwater world, and snorkeling and diving options are available with Arborek Dive Shop.
- Due to unavailability of other options, The owner prefers payment in cash or via bank transfer.
- Note – Credit Card Payment facility is available, which shall attract 3 % surcharge to cover Bank fees, please confirm prior to your arrival. As there are no Atm facilities.
TRANSPORT TO GETTING ARBOREK ISLAND:
Transfers from Waisai (Waigeo Island) to Arborek Island are available for each way in a fast boat that can carry up to 10 people with the cost bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 1,200,000,-.
2 x Person : IDR. 700,000,-.
3 x Person : IDR. 550,000,-.
On the southern shore of Pulau Arborek, Lalosi Homestay looks across the strait toward Mansuar Island, Gam Island, and Batanta Island.
The homestay is in the village of Arborek, which has a jetty famous for its diving and snorkelling sights. Cultural performances are often staged in the village for guests of visiting liveaboard and cruise boats.
Arborek Island is the closest you can stay to the famed attractions of Manta Point and Manta Sandy and the island is also handy to Piaynemo Island, Mansuar Island, Gam Island, Fam Islands for those wanting to explore further afield.
The beach at Manta Homestay gives way to weedy shallows and then coral as you move away from the shore – good snorkelling can be had at the door, but the village jetty is where the real action is.
– Lalosi has Snorkeling Gear (Masks, Snorkel, Fin) available for rent for IDR. 75,000,- / Person.
– Manta Point snorkeling trips are available for IDR. 450,000,- / Person.
– Manta Point day trips for snorkeling to hunting Manta Ray at Melisa Garden can be arranged at cost of IDR. 450,000,- / Person.
– Sawingrai Village (Gam Island) day trips for sightseeing, snorkeling, feeding fish, and watching Red Bird of Paradise can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 950,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 450,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 350,000,-
– Piaynemo Island day trips for sightseeing and snorkeling at Melisa Garden can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 1,900,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 950,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 750,000,-.
– Mansuar Island Package trips for sightseeing and snorkeling at Sauwandarek Village, Yenbuba Village, and Cape Kri Sandbank can be arranged at cost, bellow :
1 x Person : IDR. 2,000,000,-.
2 x Persons : IDR. 1.250,000,-.
3-4 x Persons : IDR. 650,000,-.
STANDARD ROOM :
4 x Rooms in 2 Bungalows (2 Persons / Room).
2 x Private Bungalow (2 Persons / Room).
ROOM RATE :
Single : IDR. 600,000,- / Person / Night.
Diving is available on extra charge in conjunction with Arborek Dive Shop.